Monday, November 11, 2013

Bared in the Night


Abby Drew
The fire of the forest has faded, the dark days have fallen upon us. In this time of dreaming our spiritual work turns inward. As I walk through the woods, breathing in the musk of the fallen leaves, I am surrounded by the naked branches of the trees towering above me. They are bared in the whipping winds and cold breath of late fall. They are not so different from each of us during this transition. Nature is very adept as a mirror for our soul.

Many people fear the dark, but why? Is it that some unknown, unseen force of evil lurks in the shadows hunting us? Maybe. Or is it that the parts of us that we would prefer at times to lock away, to brush aside to be dealt with at another time, are bared to us in those dark days of late fall and winter when other external distractions are put to rest?

This time can be a moment to take advantage of the silence that surrounds us, the quiet that closes its embrace. When I stand in the dark months I try to hold compassion for the pain that hides within, the guilt that clings to us, or the resentment that slides bitterly across the tongue at moments during our journey. I know that these difficult emotions play within each of us from one time to another, so I try to let go of judgment and replace it with unconditional love. When I feed these emotions that love, compassion, and patience for the lessons they repeat to me over and over I find that the power they hold over my daily existence lessens. Once again I find myself breathing with renewed appreciation the musk of the fallen leaves and the rhythm that flows through us, cleared of the shadows within. This is the time I choose to stand, soul bared, with the trees around me as I rest gently upon nature's dreams.

For more information, or to book a spiritual guidance session or healing with Abby Drew please click here...www.abbydrew.com. Sessions are available in person, over the phone, or with video chat online. We look forward to working with you.

The messages posted here are not intended to diagnose, treat, or replace any current care one is receiving. These messages are for pure reflective and mediation purposes only. All material on this blog including the channeled messages, images, and content are copyrighted material and all rights are reserved.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment